generarl terms and conditions
Article 1: Scope of application
- 1.Accommodation contracts with customers using this hotel shall be made in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- 3.The personal information of the guest shall be handled in accordance with the personal information protection policy established by this hotel.
- 4.Any matter not stipulated in these terms and conditions shall be handled in accordance with the laws and regulations or generally established customs.
- 5.Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, when the hotel agrees to such a covenant that is not contrary to law and custom, such covenant shall take precedence.
Article 2: Application for an accommodation contract
- 1.When the customer applies for an accommodation contract with this hotel, the customer shall provide this hotel with the following information.
- (1) Name, address, telephone number, gender, age, date of birth, etc. of the guest
- (2)Date of stay and estimated time of arrival
- (3) Accomodation fees (in principle, based on the basic accommodation fees in appendix 1)
- (4) Any other matters deemed necessary by the hotel.
- 2.If the customer requests to continue staying at this hotel beyond the date of the stay stipulated in item (2) of the preceding paragraph, this hotel shall assume that a new contract of accommodation has been applied for at the time the request is made.
Article 3: Establishment of the accommodation contract, etc.
- 1.An accommodation contract shall be concluded when this hotel accepts the application described in the preceding article (after the contract has been concluded the customer is hereinafter referred to as the "guest"). However, this clause shall not apply when this hotel proves that it did not accept the application, or when the hotel refuses or cancels the accommodation contract in accordance with these terms and conditions, etc. even after the accommodation contract has been concluded.
- 2.When an accommodation contract is concluded in accordance with the preceding paragraph, the hotel may require the guest to pay an application fee, which shall be limited to the basic rate for the period of stay and shall be specified by this hotel by the date specified.
- 3. The application fee shall first be applied to the accommodation charge ultimately payable by the guest, and if the provisions of article 6 are applied, the application fee shall be applied to the penalty fee, and the remaining amount, if any, shall be returned when the charge is paid in accordance with the provisions of article 13.
- 4. If the application fee stipulated in article 2 is not paid by the date specified to this hotel in accordance with the provisions of the same article, the accommodation contract shall cease to be valid. However, this shall be limited to the case where this hotel has notified the guests of the date of payment of the application fee.
Article 4: Special provision that no payment of the application fee shall be required.
- 1.Notwithstanding the provision of paragraph 2 of the preceding article, this hotel may, after the establishment of the accommodation contract, accept a special agreement under paragraph 2 of the preceding article that does not require the payment of the application fee.
- 2.When this hotel does not request the payment of the application fee under paragraph 2 of the preceding article or does not specify the date of payment of the application fee when accepting the application for the accommodation contract, it shall be deemed to have complied with the special agreement stipulated in the preceding paragraph.
Article 5: Refusal to enter into an accommodation contract
This hotel may not accept the conclusion of an accommodation contract in the following cases.
- (1)When there are no rooms available due to full occupancy.
- (2)When a person is clearly recognized to have a communicable disease or is at risk of getting one.
- (3) For reasons specified by law, national guidelines, or other prefectural ordinances.
- (4)When the company does not respond to the registration of the application in accordance with article 8.1.
- (5) When there is a false statement in the contents of the registration in accordance with article 8, paragraph 1, or when there is a risk of such a statement.
- (6) In the event that the guest cannot be accommodated due to a natural disaster, facility failure, or other unavoidable reasons.
- (7) Due to acts against public order and morals, criminal acts, acts in violation of laws and regulations, or the threat of such acts.
- (8)A person who is a designated a member of an organized crime group member, or related persons, or other anti-social forces (hereinafter collectively referred to as "organized crime groups, etc.") under the "act on prevention of unjustifiable acts by organized crime groups, etc." (enforced on march 1, 1992).
- (9)When the company is a corporation or other organization controlled by an organized crime group, etc.
- (10)When a corporation has officers who are in an organized crime group, etc.
- (11)The company has flaunted the power of an organized crime group, etc., or engaged in any act that supports or encourages them.
- (12)When a guest has made unreasonable demands such as violence, threats, or extortion against the hotel or its staff, or when a similar act has been committed in the past, or when there is a risk of such an act.
- (13)When a person is intoxicated or has spoken or acted in a way that is disturbing to other customers or other third parties, or is likely to do so.
- (14)When a member of staff has interfered with the management of this hotel, damaged the reputation of this hotel or the brand of this hotel, or committed similar acts in the past, or is at risk of doing so, by requesting the removal of equipment from the accommodation facilities or other demands beyond the scope of socially accepted norms, or by slandering, defaming or threatening staff members, or by harassing them by posting on social networking sites for the purpose of creating flames.
- (15)Minors (under 20 years of age) staying alone or with other minors without a written consent from a parent or guardian.
- (16)If you violate any other provision of these terms and conditions
- (18)In any other case where the company deems it inappropriate to do so.
Article 6: Right of the guest to terminate the contract
- 1.The guest may cancel the accommodation contract by making a request to this hotel.
- 2.This hotel may deem the accommodation contract to have been cancelled by the guest when they do not arrive at the hotel by the scheduled arrival time on the day of the accommodation without prior notice.
- 3.In the event that the whole or a part of the accommodation contract is cancelled in accordance with the preceding two paragraphs (except when this Hotel has specified the date of payment of the application fee in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 2 of article 3, and the guest has cancelled the accommodation contract prior to such payment), a penalty fee shall be charged in accordance with the provisions of schedule 2. However, in the event that this hotel has accepted the special contract stipulated in article 4 (1), a penalty shall be assessed only when this hotel has notified the guest of its obligation to pay the penalty in the event of cancellation of the accommodation contract.
- 4.The provisions of the preceding paragraphs shall not preclude this hotel from claiming compensation for damages done by the guest.
Article 7: Right of the hotel to terminate the contract
- 1.This hotel reserves the right to cancel the accommodation contract in the event that a guest falls under any of the following items.
- (1)When any of the items of article 5 (except for the first item) is applicable.
- (2)If payment is not made in accordance with article 13.2.
- (3)The guest does not respond to the registration of the application in accordance with article 8, paragraph 1.
- (4)Failure to comply with the rules of use in article 10.
- (5) If the guest has done anything prohibited under article 11.
- (6)When a guest tries to stay or use the room in excess of the number of guests requested.
- (7)When a guest engages in dangerous fire and disaster prevention activities such as smoking in the hotel (other than in the designated smoking room) or damaging the firefighting equipment, etc.
- (8)When a guest does not follow the instructions of the manager and staff of the hotel.
- 2.The preceding paragraph shall not preclude the hotel from claiming compensation for damages and penalties from the guests.
Article 8 Registration of accommodation
- 1.A guest shall register at the front desk of this hotel on the day of his or her stay in the hotel, and shall register his or her request in accordance with article 2.
- 2.The guest shall present the accomodation ticket, credit card, or other method of payment in lieu of currency at the time of registration as stated in the preceding paragraph, in order to make the payment of the charges under article 13.
- 4.In the case of a foreign guest who does not have a residence in Japan, in addition to his/her name, address and occupation, he/she will be required to present his/her passport, a copy of his/her passport, and his/her nationality and passport number.
Article 9: Time for use of the rooms
- 1.Guests are able to use the rooms of this hotel from 3:00 pm to 11:00 am the following day. However, in the case of consecutive stays, they may use the guest room throughout the day, except for their arrival and departure days.
- 2. Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, this hotel may accept the use of the guest room outside the time specified in the same paragraph. In this case, the following additional charges shall be applied. However, when the room is not available, the hotel may refuse the request from the guest.
- (1) Up to 3:00 p.m. 1,000 yen per room per hour (excluding tax)
- (2)After 3:00 p.m. Full amount of room charge
Article 10: Compliance with the rules of use
Article 11 Prohibited acts
- 1. The guest shall not commit the following acts by themselves or through a third party
- (1) Registering or providing false information when using this hotel.
- (2)Unauthorized use of credit cards or other means of payment to use the hotel.
- (3) Improperly obtaining or improperly using a third party's personal information or official site membership benefits, etc.
- (4)Regardless of the purpose, the use of this hotel for business purposes such as resale.
- (5)Cancellation of a large number of reservations, or similar actions.
- (6)Repeatedly making or cancelling reservations for accommodation without justifiable reason, or any similar act.
- (7)Acts that impersonate the hotel, or acts that may be misunderstood as such.
- (8) Unauthorized access to a system or other computer, or any similar act.
- (9)Sending or writing harmful computer programs, etc., or any similar act.
- (10)Acts that interfere with the operation of the hotel or damage the reputation of the hotel or the brand of the hotel, or any similar acts by demanding the removal of equipment from the accommodation facilities or any other demands that exceed the scope of socially acceptable practices, slandering, defamation, threats to staff members, or harassment such as posting on social networking sites for the purpose of creating flames.
- (11)Intimidating and unreasonable demands such as violence, threats, or extortion against the hotel or its staff.
- (12) Any act that may cause trouble, damage, or disadvantage to other guests, third parties, or the hotel, or any act that may cause such a problem or disadvantage.
- (13)Any act that infringes or may infringe on the copyrights, trademark rights, other intellectual property rights, privacy, personal rights or other rights of other guests or third parties, or of the hotel.
- (14)Acts that are offensive to public order and morals, criminal acts, or acts that violate or may violate laws and regulations.
- (15)To show off the power of an organized crime groups, etc., or to support or encourage them.
- (16)Violation of these terms and conditions and other provisions
- (18)Any other actions that the company deems inappropriate.
- 2.In the event that the hotel is damaged due to the preceding paragraph, the hotel shall be entitled to compensate the client for such damage.
Article 12 Business hours
- 1.The front desk service of the hotel is open 24 hours a day.
- 2. The above hours are subject to change on a temporary basis when the need arises. In this case, the hotel will notify the customer through appropriate means.
Article 13 Payment of fees
- 1. The breakdown of the accommodation charges, etc. to be paid by the guest shall be in accordance with the basic accommodation charges in schedule 1.
- 2.The payment of the accommodation charges, etc. in the preceding paragraph shall be made at the front desk upon the arrival of the guest, when the guest requests an extension of his/her stay, or when this hotel requests it, by means of currency, accommodation coupons approved by this hotel, credit cards, or any other method that can be used in lieu of such payment.
- 3. In the event that the accommodation charges are not settled as specified in the preceding paragraph, the hotel will not accept the accommodation registration, services associated with the accommodation and the request for extension of the accommodation period.
- 4.The hotel shall not accept applications for accommodation registration, services associated with the accommodation and extension of the period of stay if the guest does not stay at the hotel after this hotel has provided the guest with a room and made it available for use.
Article 14 Handling when contracted guest rooms cannot be provided
- 1. If the hotel cannot provide the guest with the contracted room, the hotel shall, with the consent of the guest, arrange other accommodations under the same conditions as possible.
- 2.If the hotel cannot arrange other accommodation facilities regardless of the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the hotel will pay the guest a compensation fee equivalent to the penalty, and the compensation fee will be applied to the damage compensation amount. However, this does not apply if there is no reason to blame the hotel for not being able to provide the guest room.
Article 15 Handling of deposited property, etc.
- 1.The hotel does not accept cash or valuables at the front desk.
- 2.Guests are responsible for their own cash and valuables during their stay at this hotel. The hotel shall not be responsible for any loss, damage or theft of cash and valuables caused by the guest.
- 3.The hotel is not responsible for the loss, damage or theft of items left by guests at the front desk (cash and valuables cannot be accepted). In the event of loss or damage to the items left at the front desk by the guest, the hotel shall compensate the guest for the loss or damage, unless such loss or damage is beyond the control of the hotel. However, the hotel shall compensate for damages up to 100,000 yen for items that the guest has not been informed of the type and price of in advance. The hotel will not accept any fragile items such as works of art and antiques.
Article 16 Storing of guests' baggage or personal items
- 1.In the event that the guest's luggage arrives at this hotel prior to his/her stay, it shall be kept in the hotel's custody with the hotel's approval prior to his/her arrival, and shall be handed over to the guest at the front desk upon his/her check-in.
- 2.In the event that a guest's baggage or personal belongings are left at this hotel after the guest has checked out and the owner is identified, this hotel shall, as a general rule, contact the owner and request instructions from him/her. However, in the absence of instructions from the owner or in the event that the owner cannot be identified, the hotel shall store the item for a certain period of time from the date of its discovery and thereafter handle it in accordance with the lost property act. However, food and drink, cigarettes, magazines, etc. will be disposed of on the same day.
- 3. The responsibility of this hotel for the guest's baggage and personal belongings pursuant to this article shall be in accordance with the provisions of the preceding article.
Article 17 Responsibility of the guest
In the event that this Hotel suffers damages (including, but not limited to, the cost of repairs to the facility and loss of sales opportunities) as a result of your violation of these terms and conditions, the guest shall be liable to compensate this hotel for such damages.
Article 18 Responsibilities of the hotel
- 1.This hotel shall compensate guests for any damage caused by this hotel in the performance of the accommodation contract.
- 2.This hotel is covered by inn liability insurance in the event of a fire, etc.
Article 19 Disclaimers
Article 20 Reporting to the police, etc.
Article 21 Amendments to these terms and conditions, etc.
- 1. Please be aware that the contents of these terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
- 2.With regard to the contents of these terms and conditions, etc., as amended, when the customer uses this hotel after the amendment, the customer shall be deemed to have agreed with the amended contents.
- 3.Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, the provisions before the changes shall be applied to the accommodation contracts concluded before the changes to these terms and conditions, etc.
Article 22 Severability
Article 23 Governing law
The validity, interpretation and performance of these terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Japan.
Article 24 Preferred language
Article 25 Consultation
If a problem arises in the use of this hotel that cannot be resolved by these terms and conditions, etc., it shall be resolved through good faith discussions between the hotel and the customer.
Article 26 Jurisdiction
The kyoto district court shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the first instance over any and all disputes related to this agreement.
Appended table 1: Method of calculating room charge, etc. (related to paragraph 1 of article 2 and paragraph 1 of article 13)
|Total amount to be paid by guests||Lodging fees||Basic room charge|
|Tax||Sales tax and accommodation tax|
Attachment 2: Penalties (related to article 3.3 and article 6.3)
|Date of notification of contract termination|
|Number of applicants||No overnight stay||On the day||On the day prior|
|More than 1 person||100％||100％||50％|
Rules of hotel use (related to article 10 of the accommodation agreement)
In order to maintain the public nature of the hotel and the safety of our guests, we ask that our guests adhere to the following
- ＜Prohibited matters＞
1. Please do not smoke in the hotel (other than in the designated smoking rooms). If you wish to smoke, please use the designated smoking rooms.Please refrain from smoking "heated cigarettes" outside the designated smoking rooms.
- 2.Please do not use fires or irons other than those provided or rented in the hotel.
3. Please do not bring the following items into the hotel.
- (1)Animals and other pets in general
- (2)Any item that emits an extremely bad odor
- (3)Extremely large in size or extremely large quantities of goods
- (4)Articles that are flammable or combustible, explosive articles, oil and other dangerous articles
- (5)Firearms and swords
- (6)Items that are deemed to pose a threat to the safety of other customers
- (7)Articles that are prohibited by law
- 4.Please refrain from wearing gowns and slippers in the hallways, lobbies, and other public spaces.
- 5. Please refrain from making noise or behaving in a noisy manner that may be disturbing to other guests.
- 6.Please refrain from meeting with outpatients in their rooms.
- 7.Please do not engage in gambling or any other activities that may disturb public morals.
- 8.Please do not use the facilities and equipment in this hotel for purposes other than those originally intended without consulting with this hotel.
- 9. Please do not change the current state of various facilities and equipment, etc. in this hotel, such as moving them to another location without consulting this hotel.
- 10.Please refrain from distributing or displaying advertisements or selling goods without the permission of this hotel.
- 11.In the event that a minor is found to be in need of protection, the hotel may refuse to accommodate the minor.
- 12.Any other actions that violate the terms and conditions of the accommodation agreement are strictly prohibited.
In the event that guests fail to comply with the above items 1. through 12., despite the manager's and staff's best efforts to restrain or advise them, the hotel may refuse to allow the guest to continue to stay.
- 1.Please inform the front desk staff as soon as possible of any changes to your planned length of stay.
- 2.In the event of damage, loss or contamination of the building, equipment or other items in the hotel due to reasons other than force majeure, the hotel may ask the guest to reimburse the hotel for the cost of the damage.
- 3.The terms and conditions of the hotel shall apply to matters not stipulated in these rules of use.
- 4.These rules are subject to change from time to time.